The MicroCal (GE Healthcare) differential scanning calorimeter directly measures the enthalpy of a solution as a function of temperature.
Applications of the DSC technique:
- Protein stability and folding.
- Protein engineering.
- Characterization of membranes, lipids, nucleic acids and micellar systems.
- Assessment of the effects of structural change and ligand binding on a molecule’s stability.
- Active cell volume ~ 0.5 ml.
- Non-reactive Tantalum 61™ cells for excellent chemical resistance.
- Fixed-in-place cells for reproducible ultrasensitive performance with low maintenance.
- Operating temperature range of –10ºC to +130ºC.
- Peltier element for precise temperature control.
- User selectable temperature scan rates (0ºC to 90ºC per hour upscans) and range for application versatility.
Location: Cook Hall, 4106
NU Core ID: DS Calorim